It has been a long time since I was last here and what a summer it has been – so much has happened that has kept me away from my sewing room. The good news is that I have started back creating and just love what I have on my design wall right now.
In early June I had announced that I was going to start working on a quilt called Celtic Celebration to use as a raffle quilt to raise funds for the Jennifer Kranz Research fund. Despite my lack of ability to sit long enough to sew, I have not stopped creating this quilt in my heart and mind, it has evolved to be a very different quilt than the one I was going to start in June.
As September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, I am excited to now be able to restart my efforts to create a quilt to honor Jennifer and hopefully raise some much needed funds to donate to Unravel Pediatric Cancer the soon to be non profit set up with “one goal in mind; we will unravel pediatric cancer.”
Here is what I said about the quilt in June and all are still valid:
- It will be called “Celtic Celebration for JLK”
- It will have applique Celtic knots
- It will glitter
- It will have a butterfly and a dragonfly
- The colors will be warm and cheery
- Every stitch will be put in with love
So the plan is now as follows:
- Sept 1 start blogging about the creation of the quilt
- during September continue to blog to show the progress of the quilt and bring awareness to Childhood Cancer
- the raffle will now start on October 28 and end on February 12
So here is the ask for all of you who read this post:
- Please share this blog post with your friends to help build awareness-Thanks!
- Like my Facebook page by clicking on the big blue “F” to the right of the screen to get updates on blogs posts
- If you are a quilter and you would like to donate a quilt (however big or small) to the raffle let me know
- Follow Libby’s Blog to get updates on her journey
- In October – February consider buying tickets for the raffle.
Looking forward to sharing the journey of creating “Celtic Celebration for JLK”