Well it is 2 more sleep before I get on the plane to QuiltCon, to say I am excited is an understatement.
The Modern Quilt Guild blog is having a linky party for those of us who will be attending and we have to share 5 things about our self.
- I am an Alien. Well not one that is green and has antenna’s but a legal alien as defined by the American Government. I grew up in Ireland and moved to the San Francisco Bay Area about 13 years ago. One of these days I should fill out my citizenship papers and change my status but for now I can still pretend to be green!
- I have lived in three countries – I am Irish, grew up in Cork. went to UCC for college and after graduation I lived in Dublin for 6 years. I then got an opportunity to live in Switzerland for a few years before moving to the US in 1999.
- I have three of the most amazing nieces and one awesome nephew. Aoife is 10, Aislinn in nearly 8, Eimear is 5 and Shane is 4. I had a wonderful three weeks in Cork over the Christmas holidays we even made a quilt top. Check out the fun we had here
- I have in worked in Software Localization for over 20 years. When asked what I do I explain that localization is the translation of software or website for countries outside of the US. The next question is always “so what languages do you speak” and I have to admit that I only English, a little Irish and lots of BS! I don’t actually do the translation itself but Project Manage the process.
- I truly did leave my heart in San Francisco. I had 2 business trips to the Bay Area in the mid-90s and when the opportunity came up to move here for a year for work, I jumped on the chance. Obviously I stayed longer than a year as I am still here. Love SF especially the SF Giants.
Looking forward to meeting some great quilters in Austin.