I have spent the last few weeks playing with the new features of Ver 3 of Art and Stitch and decided tonight to start blogging about the fun I am having. This first post is going to show what I did tonight to create a class sample to show the two new embroidery line motifs:
- Stem stitch motif
- Sashiko line motif
- Open a new Page and ensure the Design Type is Embroidery and machine format set to PES
- From the Library, Embroidery Artwork folder, open the Sashiko Sampler
- In Sequence View select all the blue lines and then apply Running stitch as Line sew type
- In the Run tab of the Properties Panel, Select “Motif” from the Type pull down menu
- Choose Motif Pattern emb_Sashiko Line and use the following setting:
Use Stitch length 3.6
Set Run spacing to 1.0
Click on Apply
and this is what you will see on the page:
7. Copy the PES file on a USB stick to your embroidery machine and stitch it out.
Here is what it looked out stitched on black fabric with white thread
I just love it and cannot wait to try this on more designs.
I also stitched out a design that I used the Stem stitch motif and I also loved the look of it.
I created this design in Art and Stitch and also used my Cameo Silhouette to cut the applique fabric. Check back soon and I will write up how I did this.